We practiced our monologues and I focused on "Our Day Out". I still need to work on it a bit since I need to do an accent for it so I will still need to work on it. I also worked on my "Adult Child Dead Child" and thought of something that I could use since the person in the monologue has a mental illness/ disability either one. I thought since I am autistic I could us that for my monologue which worked really well. The only problem I have for it now is learning the lines for it.
After we did this we looked at audition etiquette. Things like how to wait before coming in, how to walk into a audition (body language, posture, etc.) and also make sure that no matter what the people auditioning are doing, you keep focused.
When I came in I thought I did well with the greetings but when I did my monolouge I paused for a few seconds because I got distracted, which I need to learn not to do. I think I did well with answering a few questions and doing thank yous and good byes.
When I was on the panel and watched people I thought they did really well, but a few of them you could see they were nervous with what they did with their legs and one needs to make sure we can see her face.
I got feedback and the thing I missed out was telling them what the monologue I was going to do was, and after I finished I just stood there and smiled. I have to make sure I do not look at the floor and make sure I keep eye contact as well as make sure that you stand still as well and not move about too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment