When we got in we were told the teacher doing our dance was not coming in so we played some focusing games while treating it like a workshop audition.
The first game we did was what I call Ladders where you get people to sit opposite each other in two lines and then number them and when you say that number the two people have to go up the ladder with out standing on any one and then run down to the bottom of the ladder and try to get to their place before anyone else.
The second game we played was a team working game where one person stands on one side of the room with keys behind them while the others start on the opposite side and try to get to the other side with out being seen moving or they have to go back and then try to get the keys from one side to the other using teamwork.
The third game we did was Sheriff even I think this is more fun than a focusing game but you still need to focus in this game as you need to focus on who the person in the middle is pointing at and if that person is next to you or is you.
The fourth game we played was another team building game, we got split into 4 groups with about 6 people in each group and then were told to make something in a minute that could work, like we were told to make a car, so four of us got on the floor as wheels one was the boot and another was the driver. Another one was a canrval ride so we did teacups and got into pairs to make the teacups and I went into the middle. Then we did a time machine so three of us made the time machine one person to go into it and another to come out as time changes because me playing a t-rex die because of the first one sneezing on me.
The fifth game we played was more of a task than game. What we had to do was a freeze frame game where we all sat down and then were told what the theme of the stage was and then make a freeze frame so the place looked like what the theme was. The first one we did was a park, and then a supermarket and lastly we did a elementary school nativity play. In the park I was someones dad, in the supermarket I was a janitor and the last one I was a father recording the play.
The sixth game we played was fun we were split into 7 groups each group having about 5 people in it and had ten minites to make a play that lasted no longer than three minutes so we chatted about what we could do and at the end I said I would be someone that would die. One person saId she wanted to be the person to kill me and another saId he wanted to be a narrator so we made a health and safety video with three scenarios.
The last game we did was a improvisation where two people started off, then when someone wanted to join they had to say "freeze" and then take the postion of one of the two and start a new scenario. At the end, people were chosen mostly likely to be picked.
After we did these we got to work on our monologues for half a hour, then some people showed them back and then we did did a quick 10 mins of doing them and showing them back. I showed back My safe option which is "Midsummer Nights dream/Oberon" and I think I did ok. I guess I missed 2 lines I think but I was ok with my blocking.
No comments:
Post a Comment